Director of Portfolio Strategy
Central Office, St. Paul
CommonBond is excited to announce a full-time Director of Portfolio Strategy. This position supervises and is part of a team responsible for (i) monitoring and guiding the financial, physical, and regulatory performance of CommonBond's real estate assets fromthe \"owner\" perspective, (ii) interpreting federal and state affordable housing statutes, rules, regulations, case law and ruling and ensuring compliance by CommonBond; and, (iii) positioning the properties as stable, long-term assets within the CommonBondportfolio.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND ASSOCIATED TASKS
* Hire, support and supervise Asset Management and Corporate Compliance staff.
* Develop an Asset Management and Corporate Compliance strategy plan to implement department and organizational goals.
* Coordinate, prepare, and present periodic reporting to executive management and board of directors.
* Work across functional areas (e.g. property management, facilities management, advantage services) to align portfolio performance with organizational goals.
* Implement policies and procedures to manage risk within the portfolio.
* Monitor the process of moving a project from development to long-term operations and provide feedback to the Acquisition and Development division on actual performance to underwriting.
* Develop or refine protocols to insure CommonBond is positioned to provide information and meet the on-going administrative and reporting needs of various internal and external constituent
* Analyze and recommend to executive management the structure for any refinancing, or re-syndication, of the capital structure on portfolio property. Oversee portfolio refinancing or re-syndication as applicable/appropriate.
* Lead cross-functional efforts and participate in industry activity as CommonBond's Asset Management voice.
* Support, participate in, and manage asset management and corporate compliance responsibilities.
* Bachelor's degree with an emphasis in business administration, finance, public administration, urban planning, political science, or a closely related discipline. Graduate degree in Planning or Business preferred.
* Minimum of 6-8 years of experience in public or private sector real estate development, asset management, multifamily housing development, urban planning or related fields (such as legal, accounting, paralegal, property manager, multifamily lending or investing).
* Supervisory experience.
* Knowledge of real estate legal documents and financial accounting.
* Demonstrated project management capabilities
* Strong interpersonal skills - ability to interact effectively and professionally with leadership and staff, prospective and current funders, community representatives, and government agencies.
* Demonstrated experience preparing professional reports.
* Proficient in Microsoft programs such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other programs.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Ability to lead a growing staff, work independently, establish priorities, and follow through on completion of tasks.
* Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
* Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
* The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have accessto the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosureis (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41CFR 60-1.35(c)
Associated topics: chief investment officer, general operational manager, general operations manager, operation, operational manager, organizational culture, president, president finance, senior director, supervise