The Bill Review Supervisor is responsible for the supervision of all operations within their designated department. This position functions as a member of the Bill Review Department leadership team, ensuring optimum team performance by providing exemplary support and assistance to achieve the organizational goals of excellent customer service of the bill review department and of CorVel.
Essential Job Duties
* Coordinate daily staffing, requests for time off, etc., to ensure daily work is completed within internal and external turnaround time expectations.
* Support and coordinate daily operational issues with other supervisors and/or managers to ensure adequate coverage and designation of managerial decision-making, with regards to physical office, equipment issues or employee needs, and to secure the safety and security of employees.
* Assist employees with triage, reporting and resolution of desktop equipment issues and other equipment or furnishings issues necessary to perform job duties.
* Create training documents, presentations, conduct employee trainings with follow-upon effectiveness in training.
* Periodically review and define or redefine work flows for effective completion and efficiency.
* Review employee timecard reporting for accuracy and approve as designated by regional and corporate human resource managers.
* Perform monthly employee one-on-one meetings, to enhance performance for quantity and quality, and for overall employee development.
* Solicit feedback from employees with regard to job functions, concerns, suggestions.
* Establish employee performance goals and follow-up to ensure employees are achieving goals, providing encouragement, training and counseling as needed.
* Document employee non-performance issues, counseling and training that has occurred, and formal performance improvement plans.
* Resolve employee inter-personal and work-related conflicts as they arise, and monitor for effective resolution.
* Assist in team meetings and activities.
* Assist with medical bill review and professional work as needed, assisting employees with more technically challenging scenarios, problem solving and work volumes.
* Assist account executives, account managers and other CorVel personnel with implementation and issue resolutions including: explanation of review, medical bill review, state and line of business regulations, coding and documentation regulations and guidelines.
* Attend internal and external meetings as applicable to the designated functions.
* Take initiative to remain informed of changes with the State of MN and lines of business regulations that affect functions performed by employees, and submit information to bill review system programming as needed.
* Work as a liaison with bill review system programming to implement new information and changes to existing programming logic or language, to ensure accurate re-pricing activity.
* Submit recommendations to system program for corrections to issues, and enhancements.
* Respond to internal and external customer questions, inquiries, concerns and issues in a positive and timely manner.
* Prepare for, attend, and provide legal support as needed.
* Provide coding and documentation requirement information to internal and external customers as needed, and resolve issues involving consistency, quality and turnaround time with internal and external customers.
* Resolve provider questions and disputes as need to support customers, processes and staff.
* Coordinate and oversee performance of test bill projects for potential new business.
* General miscellaneous reports as needed.
* Other duties, projects or tasks as assigned to ensure customer satisfaction and employee safety job performance.
* Minimum of two years experience in one of the following: medical bill review, workers compensation, or provider billing.
* Must have prior supervisory experience.
* Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, with great attention to detail.
* Minimum of associates degree or work history equivalent.
* Knowledge of Minnesota Fee Schedule a plus.
* Ability to remain poised in stressful situations and communicate diplomatically via telephone, computer, fax, correspondence, etc.
* Computer proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to utilize MS Office including Excel spreadsheets.
* Strong interpersonal, time management and organizational skills.
* Ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
CorVel Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Note to Employment Agencies: Please do not forward agency resumes. CorVel Corporation is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Please be aware that CorVel generally does not review all applications/resumes submitted in response to job openings posted on the Internet because of the large volume of responses.
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at CorVel will be based on merit, qualifications and abilities. Except where required or permitted by law, employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant's or employee's race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, handicap or disability, marital status, medical condition or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Please be aware that CorVel generally does not review all applications submitted in response to job openings posted on the Internet because of the large volume of responses.
Note to Employment Agencies: Please do not forward agency resumes. CorVel Corporation is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.